Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Two Courses and a Cake

Tonight we had a menu tasting for the wedding this Saturday.

Mum, sister A and good friend P came with me to the tasting for dinner.


Top: Grilled Lamb Fillet, Roast Beetroot and Rocket with Balsamic Dressing :: 
Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Tomato and Basil Sauce
Bottom: Salad of Rocket, Smoked Salmon, Asparagus and Prosciutto::
Tasting plate of Lemon Chicken w/ Roasted Capsicum, Prawns with Avocado and Tomato Salsa and Peppered Beef with Green Beans and Tomato Chutney



Top: Grilled Chicken Breast with Garlic Mushrooms, Spinach and a Fondue Sauce ::
Crispy Skin Pork Belly with Mash, Green Beans and a Vanilla Bean Apple Sauce
Bottom: Braised Lamb Shank (1) in Red Wine with Mashed Potato and Green Beans in Gremolata ::
Char Grilled Sirloin Steak, Green Beans and Bernaise Sauce

It was beautiful, I tasted a bit of everything and it was delicious, the ones I enjoyed the most were the Ravioli and the Sirloin, they were my main picks and then we also chose the Grilled Lamb Fillet for 2nd Entree and Grilled Chicken Breast for the 2nd main.

As there were four meals to chose from, I bought along three guests and we all tried a bit of each others dish. Lucky a brought along my big sis A, who polished off all four entrees as well as the main meals.

It was a fun, successful night and I enjoyed myself immensely, there happened to also be a freak rain storm happening outside as we were eating dinner. Camden Valley Inn is an old English style pub, and my Mum and Sis have both been over to England and kept saying how much they felt like they were back over there, including the weather!!

All in all, was a good night, great food and makes me feel more excited and more nervous about this coming Saturday... Ahhhh!!! Only 3 sleeps away, when did it get so close!!

Anyway, hope you Tuesday night was as awesome as mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...