Sunday, September 9, 2012

9. Regina Spektor

They'll name a city after us

And later say it's all our fault
Then they'll give us a talking to
Then they'll give us a talking to
Because they've got years of experience
Us by Regina Spektor


Fidelity is the first song I heard of Regina Spektors, and I loved it but had no idea who it was. Until a year or so later I heard the song again coming from a friends laptop, to which I jumped at the chance to get her name and song tittle, and I have loved her music ever since.

I love what this girl does with her voice!!!

I love that this girl constantly makes good music, doesn't change her style to suit the whims of adolescent teens in order to stay popular.

I love that her voice is different and she really just does whatever the hell she wants when she sings.

Spektors latest album

Her lyrics are fantastic, somewhat odd, quirky sentences amongst well worded ones. 

But I love most of all her individuality, and that her songs mean something. Not to the millions but to the few who listen to her songs and find a smile, some happiness and comfort.



This is how it works

You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath



No, this is how it works
You peer inside yourself
You take the things you like
And try to love the things you took
And then you take that love you made
And stick it into some
Someone else's heart
Pumping someone else's blood
And walking arm in arm
You hope it don't get harmed
But even if it does
You'll just do it all again
-'On the Radio'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...