Thursday, September 27, 2012

7. Laura Marling

Sometimes it depresses me knowing the music I listen to now is made by girl people my own age or younger!!

Laura Marling is 22 years old, like myself, she plays guitar mostly and sings. 

She has an acoustic sound, indie sound, focusing on vocals, lyrics, guitar, melodies and blending music together without much in you face loud drum beats.


 'I speak because I can' is her second album she released a few years back. It's the album that introduced me to her dark lyrics and beautiful riffs.

'Devil's spoke' is one of my favourites, and I listen to it regularly.

Her latest album I enjoy, not as much as 'I speak because I can' but if you are going to check out her latest music, I recommend the track 'Sophia', it's one of my favourites.

If you like music by mumford and sons, she's been linked professionally (and rumoured, romantically as well), so if you like there music then you'll enjoy Laura Marling's.


I shall leave you with one of my favourites songs by Marling. 'Hope in the Air'




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...