Friday, September 28, 2012

6. Brooke Fraser

Brooke Fraser is one of the finest singers and songwriters around, she hails from across the Tasman, a kiwi who's flown the nest to the big bad world of Oz and found Hillsong.

She's been singing and writing with them for a few years as well as making her own music.

She has three albums out, 'What do I do with Daylight', 'Albertine' and most recently 'Flags' and most notably her mainstream song 'Something in the Water'.

It wasn't until her album 'Albertine' that I really got into her music. I had never heard of her before, which is sad because I enjoy her music so much! 


It's rare that I find a good christian singer that I enjoy listening to and playing her music on the piano or guitar. 

My top three favourite songs by Brooke Fraser are 'C.S. Lewis Song', 'Albertine', and 'Hymn' a beautiful piano melody that I love to hear and play!!

As well as writing music for her own album Fraser writes for hillsong as well. And my all time favourite song to sing my lungs out to is a song she sings called 'Lead me to the Cross'


I leave you with a sample of her music. Have a listen and tell me what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...