Monday, January 6, 2014

1st of January 2014

Ok so this post is a little late, but that's ok. 

When I first started this blog I thought it was going to be so cool and I would have so much to talk about, turns out what I have to say is very little and not post worthy, or so I thought.

I didn't make a new years resolution this year, though I never have so its nothing new. Despite this I have decided to be more on top of things, do a little bit of everything everyday. Little bit of reading, little bit of cleaning, little bit of knitting, crocheting or cross-stitching, my new addiction.

This comes from looking back on my year and realising that I pretty only cleaned the house when there were people coming over and that it seemed to overwhelm me when it happened because there was so much to do.

But this year I've decided on one thing, and thats to use this blog more often. And the way I'm going to do that is by using some help from Max Lucado, and his calendar for the year named Fearless.

I'm going to back track from 1st of Jan to now so that'll be fun :)

FEARLESS 
1st January
"Why are you fearful, O you of little faith? Matthew 8:26"

Although it's quite a small verse but it is a great way to start the year and I'll tell you why.

This verse was said by Jesus to his disciples. Disciples who had been with Him for a while now, had seen Him do miracles on strangers, heard Him speak the truth through the wickedness of the religious folk and lived with Him, saw His character and felt His presence, yet, on a ship, in the middle of the sea, they were all scared from the dangerous winds and storm approaching. They had seen how God had protected Jesus, they had seen the miracles Jesus had performed and yet they coward in fear when something as natural as a storm hit.

These men saw the Son of God, they lived with Him, all they had but do was ask "Are you our saviour? Our messiah? Are you the Son of God?" and they would have heard the answer from His lips.

Yet they still feared. This was before Jesus died and defeated death, so they did fear, so how much now, knowing of satan's defeat, should be not be afraid, and yet how much more are we afraid.

I am afraid, I'm not going to pretend I'm not. But when I am afraid, I remember, God is bigger, God is greater, God is more important then the tiny challenges I face everyday. Jesus knows my fear and He takes care of me, He knows I am weak so He is strong.

Why am I fearful? Because I forget God's promise, He loves me, He died for me, and I am forever protected in His arms, as His child, to live a life free from sin, free from condemnations, free from what keeps many hearts captive, free to live a life in Him and with Him.

This is was I take out of this verse, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...